View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 10:14 AM   #55
aron

Default Re: The Psalms are the word of Christ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrotherinFaith View Post
I've brought this verse [from 2 Timothy] up numerous times to people and their response was always, "yes, that's true. Those Psalms that are according to fallen man are profitable for teaching insofar as they show us how NOT to be."
That is a rather subjective assessment. I could also say that Lee's footnotes show us how NOT to write footnotes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrotherinFaith View Post
Then they show me the verses where Satan tempts Jesus and ask, are his words "God-breathed?"
But this is clearly shown in context not to be God's speaking, even when Satan is quoting Psalm 91: "He shall give his angels charge over Thee". But where is a similar judgment, besides that of Witness Lee, that David's writing is valueless except as a caution?

I see Witness Lee waaaay out on a limb, with his "God's economy" metric. No one is joining him there. No where in the Bible or later do I see any other writers casting such aspersions on the Word. Not the Church Fathers, not anyone after. Witness Lee is basically coming back in and re-canonizing the scriptures according to his own metric.

Number one, that's kind of megalomaniacal, as Ohio said. Number two, it just doesn't wash. There is a lot of evocative and fruitful symbolism speaking to us of, to, and from the Son of God, which Lee jettisons to preserve his "economy".