View Single Post
Old 11-08-2017, 09:57 AM   #288
Drake

Default Re: The Vision of the Age, the Ministry of the Age, and the Minister of the

Quote:
Originally Posted by leastofthese View Post
Are you asking for a "friend" ? I'd be happy to talk through it - send me a private message.

The first thing to keep in mind is that there is no perfect church. If a church claims (directly or indirectly) that they are the true church or even the BEST church - find another church. Search for a church that is theologically sound and has a deep desire to teach and live out the gospel according to scripture. This includes sound doctrine and biblical authority. Find a church that places an emphasis on Christian fellowship, community, and transparent relationships that allow for Christian relationship, spiritual growth, and discipleship. Find a church with a heart for its "locality". How is is serving, loving, and sharing truth with its neighbors. Find a church that has a heart for "going and making disciples of all nations". This is by no means an exhaustive list, but a quick attempt to respond. You see something that needs to change or could be done better - raise your hand, take action, and help.

Having moved around quite a bit, I've found this is small house churches and in mega churches. I guess there are other very practical suggestions since you mentioned "locality". I don't really understand what locality means...Google tells me it means, "a place, spot, or district, with or without reference to things or persons in it or to occurrences there".

If you happen to find a church of Witness Lee in your "locality", move along. If there is not.... one less landmine to worry about.
LofT

There are many denominations that do not fit your criterion. Neither does the Catholic Church.

So exclude those and anything else will do?

Drake
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote