View Single Post
Old 10-31-2017, 05:09 PM   #67
zeek

Default Re: The Vision of the Age, the Ministry of the Age, and the Minister of the

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Hi zeek,

Yes, I do. The distinction I make is that God selects a leader to carry out the ministry of that age. If you believe as I do that the Lord has recovered the truth of the local churches as the procedure to build the Body of Christ to close the present age then without question both Brother Nee and Brother Lee were those lead ministers.
I don't rule that out as a possibility, Drake. But I have 13 years of experience where time and time again the principle was violated by Witness Lee and other leaders in the movement. So, sadly, I concluded that it is highly improbable.

Quote:
I also hold that the ministry of the age is a special calling. Anyone may participate but not everyone will. To me that is a matter of being faithful to what the Lord has shown each one.
OK

Quote:
Therefore, though there are many and varied paths one a christian can take as relates to their church life, I have to take the one that the Lord has shown me and be faithful to that. The ministry of the age will have a leader, a lead minister, and a supporting cast of ministers. Yet, the real question is what is the ministry of the age and if one does not agree that such a thing exists or that it is not of the local churches then it matters not about the minister of the age and the whole conversation is moot.
OK. I respect that. Ron Kangas brought us up to date on what the MOTA is supposed to be in the video and outline that Koinonia shared {Thank you.} I think I understand what he proposed. It matters though, because, if the proposition is false, many people are being misled by it.

Ken Gemmer

Ken Gemmer- Church in Detroit, Church in Fort Lauderdale, Church in Miami 1973-86

zeek is offline   Reply With Quote