View Single Post
Old 03-13-2017, 08:35 AM   #34
Ohio

Default Re: "Globalization of Chinese Christianity: A Study of Watchman Nee and..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by aron View Post
And look at the Eastern Lightning et al on the mainland PRC. The various Shouter splinter sects: The apocalyptic "final apostle to end the age" motif continues to cycle through the flock like a cyclone of destruction, in various iterations.

They may say the age of giants is over, but they keep bringing it back. It's irresistible. Maybe we need to amend MOTA to FATETA.
FATETA had long been the LC battle cry.

It's amazing how easily MOTA becomes FATETA, which then slithers into False Christs. Remember the warnings of Jesus Himself:

Quote:
Take heed that no one deceives you. "For many shall come claiming to represent Me, saying that I am the Christ, yet shall deceive many" (Mt. 24. 4-5)

For false Christs and false prophets will arise and perform great signs and wonders, so as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect.
Most troubling to me was how Lee initiated aberrant teachings about "God became man to make man god" in order to redirect the LC's in the aftermath of those pathetic scandals at LSM circling his degenerate son Philip Lee. Now we see the fruit of such action -- Chinese cults shouting Lee's name as if he were god.