View Single Post
Old 07-10-2017, 02:29 AM   #91
aron

Default Re: Major Errors of Witness Lee’s Teaching (Nothing against the “person”)

Quote:
We believe in NOT naming the church. But to identify ourselves we refer to our locality. Obviously Paul no where rebukes anyone for saying "I am of Corinth", "I am of Ephesus".
Regarding not naming the church - that seems to be the lever, or engine, to pry believers from the flock, whence they are subject to the private eschatology, theology, and ecclesiology of one person, represented by a host of names. Christians on Campus, Continuing Steadfastly, emanna, The Lord's Move to Europe, Affirmation and Critique, Defense and Confirmation, Rhema Inc, and of course the mother ship Living Stream Ministry.

And if you think, "Oh well that's the ministry not the church", in 1997 when the mother ship directed all the localities to have a web presence, each (identical) web site said, "Lovers of Jesus affiliated with the ministries of Watchman Nee and Witness Lee". No difference from saying, "I am of Nee and Lee". And the Chinese don't have any such compunctions - they shout, "Nee, Lee, Chu!" over & again. Just so there's no mistaking who is "of" who.