View Single Post
Old 04-29-2014, 11:39 PM   #91
InChristAlone

Default Re: My Views and Stance on The Recovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth View Post
I think you have touched on one of the most important question for me. Is it worth leaving? Because it would include leaving some friends, or at least some parts of our friendship. Yet, I need to leave because I need some friends who see things differently (spiritually). With all my friends in the LC, I still feel lonely because I cannot express my concerns regarding the teachings and leadership of the LC's. If you cannot speak the truth with friends, how much are they really your friends? Yet they are my friends. We are close in so many other ways, but not this (regarding the LC). And this is not because they have changed, but I have changed. See my dilemma? Feels uncomfortable to be in this state of mind.
It’s hard for me to add something valuable after the brothers’ thoughtful and inspiring posts. But I will still share my opinion.

Truth, you have two choices: to follow Lee or Christ. If you want to follow Christ, it takes faith, courage, and sacrifice. Do you need to sacrifice your friendship? Well, maybe, IF your friends turn away from you. But then ask yourself, “Are they really my friends?” After all, who is more important for you: Christ or your friends? Who do you want to stick to?

If you care about your friends, you want them to know them the truth too. You want them to follow Christ, not blind teachers leading the blind. It’s your responsibility as a friend. When you leave the LC, it can be a starting point for them, in their spiritual journey from Lee to Christ. You can fellowship with your friends, give them some food for mind, and help them to realize the truth. It's your duty towards them. Be yourself. Be frank. Fight for your friends and fight for the truth. Stay/be their friend even if they forget your phone number. Do what you can for them and trust in the Lord.

As Christians, we must be always ready to appear before Christ. Therefore, we should live our lives as though Christ were coming the next minute. What if you see Christ in a moment? What will you tell Him? Have you kept your faith? Have you been faithful to Him, or someone or something else? Will you be able to explain the Lord all your pros and cons, or will your arguments suddenly mean nothing? Have you really valued Christ more than anything else?.. “Christ is not valued at all, unless He is valued above all.” (Augustine)

May the Lord grant you wisdom, courage, and strength. And may His peace be upon you.

Many blessings.