View Single Post
Old 02-10-2021, 08:01 AM   #319
Sons to Glory!

Default Re: What is the Lord's economy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aron View Post
Yes, food is all over the Bible. And what does Jesus say about it? "My food is to do the will of Him who sent me." I have noted this repeatedly on this forum. God's word became food to Jesus because of Jesus' obedience.

John 6:57 "Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me." The Father sent Jesus, and Jesus obeyed the sending, and this became life to Jesus. (he was raised from the dead - eternal life). So also we should obey him, and live because of him. Through our obedience to him, we also live.

And yes, this is food to us. We eat the living bread. We obey his commands. "Just as I obey the Father's commands, so you should obey mine." If you see the verse "Thy words were found and I did eat them" it doesn't say, "Pray-read the words, don't try to obey. Just organically assimilate the words and they will metabolically transform you." No, rather, the process of our obedience by faith becomes intrinsic to the process, to the eternal life which we receive as a crown.

And what is this obedience? To love our neighbour. To give to them, as we hope for reward in heaven. If you allow yourself to be 'robbed' to aid someone else, because you believe, hope, trust that God is watching you, that is a transformational experience. If you just go, "me, me, me" that isn't very transformed.
All I know is I can't hardly love those that actually do like me, let alone those who "spitefully use" me. Therefore, I need Another life. We can step out on faith and obey, but just to be clear - it's His living through us that does the genuine loving.