View Single Post
Old 05-06-2019, 07:23 AM   #977
Sons to Glory!

Default Re: How Much To Throw Out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERn View Post

Was the above quote from the writings of the false prophet Witnsss Lee?
No, not a direct quote. I am not exactly sure where the idea of the steamroller came from, but that is the idea I got. To me the emphasis was on purpose. "God eternal has a purpose formed in His eternal past. Spreading to eternal future, twixt these ends all time is case. For with time there is the process - time for His accomplishment . . ." is a song we used to sing a lot. It was a wonderful song (and occasionally we still sing it here in Scottsdale). It is true, but I heard many times about brothers leaving the Recovery who met with many calamities or even an untimely demise as a direct result. The picture was painted that God had no use for you if you left His one purpose on the earth: "The Lord's Recovery."

Of course, the HUGE missing part of this picture is His amazing love for us - not a vengeance of some sort for falling short as if He is just waiting to whack us! I appreciate now, more than ever, that God eternal has a purpose, but now I see it through what is true - HIS LOVE FOR US!

So whether the word "steamroller" was actually used, I don't know, but I sure got the idea loud and clear!