View Single Post
Old 03-08-2017, 03:23 AM   #5
aron

Default Re: Verse of the Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ View Post
Today's Verse of the Day: "Behold the lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world". What a staggering statement! Behold Jesus the lamb of God, indeed!
"Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners--of whom I am the worst." 1 Tim 1:15 (NIV)

"But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Rom 5:8 (NIV)

Paul had such a revelation, as had the prophet John (the Baptizer) before him, as quoted above in the fourth gospel (1:29).

The new King, seen by John the Baptist, was pure, and would reign in righteousness, and justice would flow forth like water, and all the peoples would rejoice. The OT prophets continually pointed to the blessing of a righteous king under the righteous and holy God. Divine order would be restored. "Your kingdom come, Your will be done on earth as in heaven". Not just the Jews but all the earth would be blessed and restored before God, when the true King of the Jews was unveiled.

I've already written on this forum about the promise of the righteous King, seen in Deuteronomy 17 (whom btw Witness Lee said didn't exist - because the LC elders operated by grace - I kid you not) being fulfilled in Psalm 1 and Psalm 2. The Pious Son of Man, obedient, pure and blessed in Psalm 1, is become now the reigning monarch, designated Son of God, in Psalm 2. "This day I have begotten You"

But even John the Baptizer got confused: "Tell us, are you the coming Messiach, or should we look for another?" Eventually, however, the puzzle was solved. See Revelation chapter 5, on the Lion of the Tribe of Judah. Suddenly in the Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave to His servants (1:1) it all becomes forever clear - the Sinless Lamb won the battle.