Thread: The LCS Factor
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2009, 01:57 PM   #1165
Hope

Default Re: The LCS Factor

dJ,

Got it. Just as I always suspected. Nothing and no associations can remain that can be identified with the local churches and WL etc. A totally brand new look and culture is the goal for all former members .

1) Join an existing Christian group

2) Separate yourself from all former associates

3) Never use any terms from the old culture

4) Join officially a mainline or clearly identifiable traditional Christian group

5) All remnants of the old culture, that is local church, disappear.

You might consider the following verses:
1 Cor 4:2-4, But to me it is a very small thing that I should be examined by you, or by any human court; in fact, I do not even examine myself . NASB

John 7:24, "Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment." NASB

Fortunately, we live unto the Lord and Romans 14 applies to myself and to all former members. Rom 14:7-11, For not one of us lives for himself, and not one dies for himself; for if we live, we live for the Lord, or if we die, we die for the Lord; therefore whether we live or die, we are the Lord's. For to this end Christ died and lived again, that He might be Lord both of the dead and of the living. But you, why do you judge your brother? Or you again, why do you regard your brother with contempt? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of God. NASB

Hope, Don Rutledge
Hope is offline   Reply With Quote