View Single Post
Old 04-19-2018, 03:49 AM   #104
clever sister

Default Re: Deceptions on Campus

I feel like a lot of these arguments are missing the point.

When a student comes into contact with a Christian club at there college, whether or not they are Christian they probably want an idea what the club is about.

Now, there is one club that at my campus that clearly links itself to one particular church service. So, when a student encounters this group thinks 'Oh, it's for members of that church group and if they are encouraging me to come along it is because they want me to go to their service"
Now, if a student is looking for a Sunday service, because they've just moved to that there or whatever, they might enquire to find more about. If they are not interested they move along.

If they come into contact with a para-church group, usually they can work out pretty quickly that it is a para-church group and decide if they want to go or not, according to their beliefs and what they are looking for.

Then you get to Christians on Campus. Cool, a Christian group that welcomes all Christians. If you are a naive Christian that sounds great. What are they doing on campus? Oh, they just come together to study the bible. A lot of Christians new to university would love to study the bible with others. Maybe, one is not a Christian but curious what the bible has to say, a bible study sounds perfect for that.
However, Christians on Campus's purpose is not just to have bible studies on campus to help enlighten Christian and non-Christian's alike.
The purpose is to get them to come to the Local Church in [City] Sunday meetings, to get them to be active recruiters while at college and when they finish college to go to the FTT.

That's the deception.
clever sister is offline   Reply With Quote