View Single Post
Old 01-14-2017, 08:19 PM   #620
ZNPaaneah

Default Re: Bible Versus Science

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelical View Post
40 days and 40 nights, yes, but not some of the other details.

I cannot see how Noah could have measured the flood's height to an accuracy of 1 cubit from behind a 1 cubit sized window. The flood's height must have come from other sources besides Noah.
Wow, OK, so this gives me a pretty good idea of your scientific acumen.

How do you think we know how high the Tsunami was in Indonesia? After Katrina cameras went into people's homes and they pointed at the water mark left on the wall. In Japan they pointed to the watermark in the nuclear power station. How do you think a scientist determines the height of flood when they weren't there?

I don't mind that you are ignorant, what I despise is how arrogantly you presume to know what you so obviously know nothing about. I don't care if you deceive yourself, what bothers me is that you are deceiving others as well.

Quote:
And doing all this without navigational equipment, without terrain maps, without a barometer to measure pressure height. If he did take any measurements, it was probably as he stretched out his arm and used his thumb as a measure. Not very scientific.
If Noah reported on the barometric pressure this might be relevant, but he didn't. His observations can be very valid, and very useful.

Quote:
How did Noah know where he ended up if the Earth have looked vastly different after the flood to before it? Did Noah have a map? a compass? Noah had no navigational instruments. Noah was not tracking his location during the 40 days and 40 nights. So this information in the Bible could not have come from Noah.
Genesis 6:16 Make a roof for it, leaving below the roof an opening one cubit high all around. Put a door in the side of the ark and make lower, middle and upper decks.[/QUOTE]

The altitude of the North Star gives you your latitude. The ancients were much more aware of the stars as they lived outside. Mountains, oceans, and rivers act as landmarks. What is the point of this?
ZNPaaneah is offline   Reply With Quote