View Single Post
Old 12-08-2016, 01:21 PM   #30
Ohio

Default Re: Why don't Current LC Post Here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UntoHim View Post
I wanted to bring this post back to the forefront. I'm hoping Koinonia and others out there might expand upon what he has posted here. God knows that I've always hoped and prayed that this could actually become "a supportive online community" of sorts. Unfortunately, I'm afraid that my shortcomings as an administrator and moderator, along with the generally antagonistic atmosphere that can develop between current and former members of any movement, has greatly hindered this kind of atmosphere from developing on the forum.
For those like drake, evangelical, and others who come here to promote LC teachings, "discussion" becomes more an avenue for understanding the scriptures on a host of pertinent topics. For "lurkers" or passers-by who come to the forum with legitimate concerns, forum discussions become a means to encourage, provide clarifications, share experiences, or just help release them from fear. Both have been helpful to me.

As a suggestion, it would be nice in the "Introduction and Testimony" sub-forum to exclude ALL poster-to-poster responses, and allow ONLY poster-to-OP dialog. In this way unregistered guests or newly registered posters would "control" all discussions, and prevent those all-to-common "tangents" from occurring. In other words, unless a poster is directly replying to what the OP (Original Poster) has posted, the post will be deleted or moved. The OP would thus "own" the thread.

UntoHim has often mentioned this, but apparently this requires "enforcement."