View Single Post
Old 02-21-2020, 08:35 AM   #3
Freedom

Default Re: My Confused Adulthood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaiah9:2 View Post
Like many yp who grow up in the LC my goal after college was the FTTA. It was the place that I was convinced produced the "overcomers." I was further from the truth but it was all I knew and never questioned it. Needless to say I didn't finish college in the 4 year period like many of my yp brothers and sisters I grew up with, got married early and moved out of the SoCal area. This put everything in question, the biggest questions "Will I ever be an overcomer, and Age Turner, a Daniel, a man of God...?" I felt the "church life" reserved these statuses and thus now my life was without purpose and meaningless. I struggled (am struggling still) to find myself and know myself as the person God intended me to be.
I also grew up in the LC, and going into college, I had every intention of going to the FTTA. I ended up taking longer in college than expected due to financial reasons, and by the time I finished, I had become less and less inclined to go to the FTTA.

I think that when the elders realized that I wouldn't be going, it was basically the equivalent of becoming an LC outcast. It really was a weird feeling, at one point being part of the demographic that is considered to be the "prime" of the LC, and then going to be someone that they really could care less about. It was an eye-opener for sure.
Isaiah 43:10 “You are my witnesses,” declares the Lord, “and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me.
Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote