View Single Post
Old 07-28-2010, 07:57 AM   #43
KSA

Default Re: Examining LSM's Eschatology - Revelation's 7 Churches

As for me, the most prudent way to take 7 churches in Revelation is to take all the warnings to all the seven churches as relevant to us today. After all, these seven epistles were written to the churches that existed at apostle John's time. Therefore, I take all seven epistles as written to all the churches throughout the church history. No need to divide them into periods.

The same I think is applicable to the rest of the book of Revelation. Even though there will be a final consummation of all the things mentioned in Revelation, all those things have been relevant throughout the church history, even though maybe in different degrees. Otherwise, it is easy to dismiss the content of this book as something that has already happened (preterist or historicist approach) or something that will happen some time in the future and to the Jews only (dispensational approach).

The Word of God despite the historical framing it was written in contains eternal principles as it was inspired by the eternal Spirit.