View Single Post
Old 05-17-2016, 02:57 PM   #93
OBW

Default Re: LSM’s Deification—Zero Value Added

Quote:
Originally Posted by aron View Post
And I doubt it was conscious; at least I've seen no evidence that it was so.
You may be right. But some of the teachings strained credulity. For both Lee and Nee. Deputy authority. Jesus is the Holy Spirit.

Do you think they really believed these things? Were they really so self-deluded that they believed that there was truly new revelation being given to no one before them on these subjects? Maybe the curse of reading their own press?

When it came to declaring that they could do with their ministries whatever they pleased and only God could have a say . . . . Do you really think they were deluded enough to believe that was right? I suspect that Lee's near-death utterances of vague apologies is evidence that he knew better. He thought it would simply go the way he wanted it to go. But when he approached death, he was second-guessing himself. Still unable to truly do anything about it. But beginning to go through the house washing his hands over and over (metaphorically). In angst over what had transpired but acting as if being a little contrite about unspecified things is the same as confession.
OBW is offline   Reply With Quote