View Single Post
Old 08-10-2017, 09:18 PM   #35
JJ

Default Re: Today's Jerusalem for Christians- Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBW View Post
I would say that these verses in John 4 cannot define what is "in spirit and in truth," therefore they cannot support Lee's position. They are insufficient for the purpose of defining what is the meaning of the terms. That does not make the terms undefined or uncertain. But these verses provide no insight into what they mean...
So, OBW:

You talked about "spirit", but not truth, the other aspect of today's Jerusalem for Christians.

I'm not fully satisfied with your analysis regarding "spirit" as I still subscribe mostly to Mary E McDonough, Nee, Lee (and others like Major Ian Thomas) "tripartite man" exposition, but have learned the importance of the mind and other parts of soul and heart in engaging with God, man, and other Christians.

I'm pretty sure I've seen Lee's tripartite man explanation discussed elsewhere on these boards. So, I don't want to chase that very interesting topic on this thread.

I haven't seen discussion on other things the Lord Jesus said to the woman at the well, and how she responded that may give us clues about what is and isn't in spirit and truth. Like Jesus telling her the man she was living with wasn't her husband and her 5 husbands, and her confessing that Jesus told her all the things she had done (confessing sin). Or that she confessed Jesus is the Christ to her city.
And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth. (John 1:14 NASB)
JJ is offline   Reply With Quote