View Single Post
Old 09-06-2016, 09:59 AM   #39
Unregistered

Default from lojoes29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
I wanted to also address what you said in the other thread. I can understand completely, there was frequently this underlying feeling I had of putting on and act or feeling "fake" inside. It wasn't in related to my faith or experiences of the Lord, rather, it was being pushed to do things that I had no business doing.
I too grew up in the LC. My dad's girlfriend introduced him to the lc. That was the end of life as I knew it. From tell age of 5 until 18 I was immersed I to the LC. I can remember being forced to go on college campuses to preach at the age of 14. I had some great friends in the LC, but thankfully I had never really committed to the church.

I faked everything. I.knew when I was 18 I would.get out. I hated attending meetings all the time, young people.conferences in NY during the summer.

I hated that my dad and stepmother felt that every religion but the church was bad. I hated not celebrating christmas and holidays. I hated being told that the Lord would.chose my spouse. I left at 18 and have never looked back. Both my dad and stepmother are still involved in the lc. They have an entire library of the lc books.

I hate that the LC encourages them to distance themselves from their own children.

Sigh. Thankfully I am happily married to a man that I chose. Not to someone the LC chose.