View Single Post
Old 12-18-2008, 09:59 AM   #115
YP0534

Default Re: "Early Nee" vs. "Later Nee"

Quote:
Originally Posted by aron View Post
But cutting off believers who are not in sin, but merely in subjective interpretational error, is to me not the love of God. We should take a stand for the truth (scripture, logic, the testimony of history, and even our own experiences and subjective "feelings"), but I believe the greatest truth of all is love. God has commended His own love to us, in Christ Jesus, and we therefore can commend God's love to one another. Cutting off one another over disagreements may in fact be love, but I have yet to be persuaded of this by any of the means I have listed above.
Fine, aron. I understand the same way. But I'm still puzzled.

How to remain in oneness with those who would actually denounce your "stand for the truth" as you propose?

One proposes that there's no possilbility for anything other than one assembly in a place. Another proposes that there's no practical possibilty for only one church in a place of any size. Do they agree to disagree and praise the Lord together? Do they agree to disagree but exercise the freedom separate just the same?

More to my immediate point, however, what to do about someone who strongly believes that your "stand" is beyond the pale? How do you maintain your "stand" while remaining one with such a one who wishes to withdraw???

Have you become a stumbling block for the sake of your truth, which itself is not confirmed by more than your own conscience????
Let each walk as the Lord has distributed to each, as God has called each, and in this manner I instruct all the assemblies. 1 Cor. 7:17
YP0534 is offline   Reply With Quote