Thread: ZNP Blog -
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2018, 07:58 PM   #40
ZNPaaneah

Default Re: ZNP Blog - The Mystery of God's Will

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZNPaaneah View Post
If anyone turns a deaf ear to my instruction, even their prayers are detestable. Pr 28:9

This verse is very interesting because

the prayer of the upright is his delight. Proverbs 15:8

Do you want to be brought into the Lord's confidence. Do you want Him to delight in your prayers? Do you want Him to delight in your success? Do you want Him to bless you with every spiritual blessing? Then take heed to His instruction.
So then we have to examine this matter of prayer more.

1st mention of Prayer:

For thou, Jehovah of hosts, the God of Israel, hast revealed to thy servant, saying, I will build thee a house; therefore hath thy servant found in his heart to pray this prayer unto thee. 2Samuel 7:27

House of God is a house of prayer from the beginning

28*Yet have respect unto the prayer of thy servant, and to his supplication, Jehovah, my God, to hearken unto the cry and to the prayer which thy servant prayeth before thee this day;
29*that thine eyes may be open upon this house night and day, upon the place of which thou hast said, My name shall be there: to hearken unto the prayer which thy servant prayeth toward this place.
30*And hearken unto the supplication of thy servant, and of thy people Israel, when they shall pray toward this place, and hear thou in thy dwelling-place, in the heavens, and when thou hearest, forgive. 1Kings 8:28-30

for my house shall be called a house of prayer for all the peoples Isaiah 56:7

This verse is clearly God's will, might even be the mystery or His will. After all the prayer of the righteous is His delight and He has decreed that His house be called a house of prayer.

And he says to them, It is written, My house shall be called a house of prayer, but *ye* have made it a den of robbers. Matt 21:13

Here is the intersection of God's delight with the things He detests.

And all things whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive. Matt 21:22

This brings us full circle to the question at the very beginning concerning the mystery of God's will.

and the prayer of faith shall heal the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he be one who has committed sins, it shall be forgiven him. James 5:15

but in everything, by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; Phil 4:6

Persevere in prayer, watching in it with thanksgiving; Col 4:2

Jehovah is far from the wicked; but he heareth the prayer of the righteous. Proverbs 15:29

This is the mystery of righteousness. God's will is a mystery, the righteous are also a mystery. The righteous are revealed when God answers their prayer. God's counsel, the mystery of His will, is given to the righteous.

Elias was a man of like passions to us, and he prayed with prayer that it should not rain; and it did not rain upon the earth three years and six months; James 5:17

who devour the houses of widows, and as a pretext make long prayers. These shall receive a severer judgment. Mark 12:40

And when ye spread forth your hands, I will hide mine eyes from you; yea, when ye make many prayers, I will not hear: your hands are full of blood. Isaiah 1:15

The false prophets are also a mystery. Full of pretext, falsehood, and blood. But they are also revealed because God will not hear their prayers, He hides his eyes from them, and He has ordained severer judgement for them.