View Single Post
Old 12-30-2015, 11:49 AM   #519
Terry

Default Re: How Much To Throw Out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERn View Post
I think leaving the LC, for the average person, is a long process at least it was for me. For me it started with an offended conscience. I think God wants us to pay attention to our offended consciences. The false-teaching of LSM is that we should ignore an offended conscience even to the extent of covering up sin. This protects the leadership, but does not take adequate spiritual care of the sheep. Eventually, offended consciences become hardened, which allows brothers to become bullies and causes them to erupt in unreasonable anger and condemnation (there are accounts that some foamed at the mouth) when the ministry, LSM, LC, WL, WN, blended brothers, elders, deacons, etc. are questioned, criticized, or held accountable.
With immediate family and maybe relatives meeting with the local churches, fully leaving hasn't happened yet for me. Still come into contact with brothers and sisters I knew in the local churches. Away from the LC setting, normal brothers and sisters. On Facebook you see family is more important to these ones than what the latest and greatest coming out of Anaheim is. More likely to see Facebook posts about food and coffee than anything ministry centered.

About the LC and LSM leadership, they don't want being called out, questioned, criticized, nor to be held accountable according to 1 Timothy 5:19-20

Do not receive an accusation against an elder except on the basis of two or three witnesses. Those who continue in sin, rebuke in the presence of all, so that the rest also will be fearful of sinning.