View Single Post
Old 04-19-2014, 10:34 AM   #76
Ohio

Default Re: 106 things not many Christians know (but Witness Lee knows)

Quote:
Originally Posted by awareness View Post
Yes whenever Arians had the power they pitched Athanasius to the curb. He even had to run for his life. These "Holy" Christians. both sides, killed each other over doctrine back then ; acting real Christian like.

Why should I have any high regard for them?

I feel like you guys want me to elevate these early church fathers like I once elevated Watchman Nee.

After being burned once for doing that, I can't do it no more.
Any church father or martyr for the faith should be honored even as Jesus Himself honored those prophets which the Jews had killed, but we should not elevate them beyond what they were.

Even as Paul says when the Corinthians tried to uplift him, "Let him who boasts, boast in the Lord," and no one else.

Aye?

Brother awareness, unfortunately, many, even genuine Christians have saved their own hides by finding other more "suitable" sacrifices in their stead. Who knows what we would have done in their shoes? Martin Luther did this with the Anabaptists, and many of them died in the river being "baptized" by evil men. Witness Lee saved his own neck by sacrificing Ingalls and others. Church history is filled with all sorts of nasties like this. Only God in the end can sort it all out. Only His Son was pure, holy, righteous, and without sin.