Thread: My Testimony
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2016, 06:05 PM   #71
HERn

Default Re: My Testimony

Quote:
Originally Posted by aron View Post
Here's a post I made on the "double bind" problem. As a "ministry" devotee I was simultaneously battered by the failures of self, and unable to address them because of indoctrination ("get out of your mind") and unable to seek help in despised "fallen Christianity". I was worse than the sinners of the world, yet too much of a know-it-all to humble myself and ask for help.

But I continually exposed myself to others' faith, and eventually saw that I didn't have a corner on the truth, and that my truth, so-called, was riddled with contradictions. Slowly I began to open, consider, and avail of new paths.

You can't be "negative" and antagonistic and expose the double bind. You have to be positive, reinforce the good things, and trust that the Lord will shine the light. Look at Saul of Tarsus, on the road to Damascus. Only God could have penetrated that heart.
The double bind is true in another way also. The ministry and most LSM preachers and elders believe that there is nothing of value in Christianity outside of their recovery. So, I think what happens is that when the dear saints see the sin, corruption and evil in the LSM system and turn away from it they have been convinced that only the devil, lies, and Babylon exist outside of what used to be their recovery. They are in a terrible double bind created by what I believe is the false teaching of WL and now of the blinded LSM-blendeds. Instead of finding a place in the body of Christ in other groups their faith becomes shipwrecked.