View Single Post
Old 09-15-2020, 10:32 AM   #2
UntoHim
UntoHimForever@Gmail.Com

Default Re: Where Should I Meet If Not At The Local Church?

Peter,

Thanks for coming to our forum and reaching out! One of the main reasons this forum exists is to put you in touch with some brothers and sisters who have been in your position.

I'm sure you will get a number of helpful responses. In the meantime, what I would tell you is that it will be very difficult to find such a group of people as you described. When I escaped from the Local Church of Witness Lee over 20 years ago, I desperately hoped and prayed that I could find such a church or group of saints that "draw from Witness Lee, but are not dependent on it for their sole ministry". Although I clearly saw the excesses and other problems in Lee's ministry, and in the LC movement as a whole, I was not ready to go "cold turkey" and just let everything go. I have heard from many brothers and sisters over the years who have had a very similar testimony.

I must be honest with you my brother. Sooner or later, you will find that it is not possible to cherry pick just the "good things" of Witness Lee/LSM/Local Church and leave the rest behind. Witness Lee taught his followers, in so many words, that one is "fully for him and the ministry" or "fully against him and the ministry". Of course this has always been couched in far more "spiritual" terms, such as being "absolute for the ministry" or "one with the ministry".

You are young. You have your whole life before you. God is faithful, and to be sure, he is "a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him". (Heb 11:6) Let me assure you that God has not left himself without a testimony among his people. They are all around you! Some meet in formal churches (even in...gasp...some denominational churches), some meet more informally in homes, and some are right there before your eyes - in line at the grocery store, or sitting on that park bench playing with their children, some are in your place of business, and yes, some are out here in in cyberspace - like on an Internet forum!

Peter, I will leave you with this for now. Please, please consider meeting with an evangelical Christian church (when this covid thing calms down) at least once a month. Pray that God will lead you to a place that preaches and teaches the genuine Gospel, and worship in spirit and in truth. Again, there are such places. Read some other non LSM/Lee material. My suggestion would be to start with authors like John Piper, Timothy Keller, D.A. Carson (quote of the day). Go and watch the YouTubes of these brothers and also those of people like the late Ravi Zaharias. Their words will seem somewhat strange and even hard for you at first....but God is speaking to the Body of Christ in their ministries, and in the ministries of so many other knowledgeable and godly men and women.

God is with you! He is for you. He WILL honor and bless your sincere heart and your seeking to worship him in spirit and in truth.

Your brother who unto Him, and is also for you, cheering you on!
Unto Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen. (Ephesians 3:21)
UntoHim is offline   Reply With Quote