View Single Post
Old 11-13-2017, 08:38 PM   #4
countmeworthy

Default Re: Can I be candid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KindnessNotBlindness View Post
Hi. I am new on here and joined after a sister I grew up with in the Recovery stumbled upon here. She too no longer meets. I was nervous about posting here because I am atheist and I do not want to be offensive to anyone. I am happy as an atheist. I do not know if there are many Black former saints on this forum. The reason I say that is because we are a minority in the church life and I would love to know if others share my experience.
Hi Kindness,
I am a woman. My heritage is Mexican. I speak both languages. I was in the LR from 1975-1978/79.

In the U.S., the majority in the LC back in the day were white people. And very MALE dominated. It still is, including this forum. (male dominated).

I don't know what it is about this forum. Women sign up and then they 'poof'. Sorry for the rabbit trail. My observation is that more and more it is Asian/Chinese people who are 'taking over' the LR.

Since the LR is global, I'm sure there are lots of Black people in other parts of the world. But honestly I don't know or have any proof.

I am happy you are happy.

Briefly.. my experience is that GOD is our friend.. our only real Friend, at least He is my Friend. I totally trust Him. I tell Him all my problems. But we share a lot of good laughs. He can be very funny! I am getting to really know Him intimately, especially lately. In fact, I experienced a paradigm shift last week and it is still on going. He is taking me to a new place spiritually speaking.

The body of Christ as a whole is really a messed up bunch!! Love them all but boy oh boy, I am careful what I say and share! Some are dogmatic: "you need to be in a church! You need to be 'tithing'. I've seen it all.. or most of it.. Pentecostals, Charismatics, Messianic (Jewish/Christian) etc. oh.. and I was raised Catholic. Too many religious spirits out there! God is not a religious Spirit at all!

I don't blame God whatsoever that the 'church' as a whole is messed up.
I blame religion and the religious spirits that have perverted, twisted and turned God's Word into a business and that includes the LC/LR.

For me, I am so thankful He is not going to forsake me, betray me or reject me and so THANKFUL He took me out of 'church' even though I have Christian friends I 'hang out' with.

Many people here go to church and if they are led to go so be it. I attended a charismatic church from 2005 - 2010/11. From 1979 - 2005, I rarely went to 'church'. From 1994 - 1996 I attended a Jewish/Messianic church. I really did my best to delve into it trying to prove the LC was wrong in its assessment that 'there is nothing in poor, poor Christianity'. Well.. they are right in a way...again my experience. But in each denomination I attended, I did learn something and grew closer to God.

The LC / LR is just another denomination. Maybe it did not start out that way. It is now though.

Revelation 18:4 says 'COME OUT OF HER MY PEOPLE!' So I did. Took me a long time but so happy I am out! We live in a matrix world and religion is part of the matrix. The LC/LR is also in the matrix. No one here has ever mentioned this and I will probably be thought of as 'brainwashed' or 'weird' or something. I don't care what anyone here thinks!

Sorry I'm not Black. I thought I would respond because you are not going to get many responses since there are hardly any women on this forum and I don't think anyone here is Black.

Still. Remember: God is Spirit and He has no color on His Skin! Our mortal bodies are mere shells. Sin and religion have messed up the human race. I hope one day the Love of Jesus will envelop you as He did me. He will never leave you or forsake you. I know you don't believe in God and are happy as an atheist. I'm happy you are happy and not all screwed up as so many people are who have left the LR or are still in that religious prison.
(Luke 21:36)
countmeworthy is offline   Reply With Quote