View Single Post
Old 08-26-2016, 10:16 AM   #8
Koinonia

Default Why don't Current LC Post Here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UntoHim View Post
Please expound upon this if you will. Safe from what? From harsh criticism of Witness Lee? From having to answer some tough questions regarding the teachings and practices? From the general tone and tenor of some of the regular posters? I am not - repeat NOT- saying that none of these concerns (such as they exist) among current LC members is not legitimate, I am only seeking a little more in depth understanding of any reasons they may have for not entering into dialog.

Nobody wants to see current members come and dialog more then me. I pray for it every day. However, I fully understand the mentality we are up against. I was there for about two decades - much of it in Orange County Calif in the 70s/early 80s at the feet of Witness Lee just about every week, at every 10 day training and every major holiday conference. I "set my clock for 6 O'clock to be right on time" for the morning watch.

Forgive my frankness, but I know the sickness because I was there for years. Now, having been out for another two decades, I have some measure of confidence of the best medicine for these dear brothers and sisters. It is found in the truth of the Gospel. It is found in the truth of the Word. It is found in the Spirit of truth, who is the ONLY One who can guide us into all truth.

To Koinonia and all: I am for ANYTHING that points our forum members, lurkers, current Local Church members, and all Christians to the Truth of the Gospel, the Truth of the Word of God and to the Spirit of Truth Himself. If this can happen, even on the smallest scale, this will be the safest and sanest place for our Local Church brothers and sisters, and our discussions will be profitable for all concerned.

-
What I mean is--in order to encourage current LC members to come here and dialogue, we need to make it a little easier for them. I feel the onus is on us to do that. Obviously, this does not mean agreeing with them. But try to look at it from an LCer's perspective... if they are already here at all, that's huge. But if they feel they want to post anonymously (as a guest)--in order to protect their own relationships with friends and family, but think the board moderator will hound them to register every time they do so, most likely that will discourage them from getting involved.

I have a few other ideas, but do not have time to respond in depth at just the moment. I will do so soon, however.
Koinonia is offline   Reply With Quote