View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 06:26 AM   #101
SavedbyGrace

Default Re: I love the local church

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Like I said earlier, there are some flaws in the local churches. And, there certainly would be flaws or else we would be raptured. But, I have not seen any other church/denomination where I have seen a richer enjoyment of Christ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igzy View Post
Here's the problem I have with your testimony, SbG. It's all about you feeling good and warm and fuzzy. There's nothing in it about God changing you or anyone else.
If feeling good and warm and fuzzy equals enjoyment of Christ, you do not need anything else.

Quote:
Let me ask you something. How are you with people who are different than you? Can you spend time with them? Can you see them as people the Lord loves? Do you love them? How has the Lord changed your heart in regards to people?
I do not know about saints in the local churches in the US. But, in my country, you cannot live an isolated life interacting only with members of local churches. I spend more time with unbelievers (at work) during my usual day than even with my family members. If I can co-exist with unbelievers, why can't I co-exist with believers who are not from local churches?
Few of my relatives are in the denominations and most of the other relatives are from Catholic or other such churches. I love them all. How can you stop loving someone just because they do not come to the local church?

But, if we discussed teachings/beliefs, there are differences.
If someone argues that one man leading the church is fine, I would tell him that I don't agree.
If someone tells me that the churches should have a name, I cannot agree.

Quote:
From what I've seen of LRCers, they are quite happy with each other. Why? Because everyone thinks and believes the same thing. No one rocks the boat. There are few challenges to your reality. It's all in a bubble, and when someone threatens the bubble, you all just retreat further into it, and boot out "dissenters."

The Lord didn't approach things that way at all. He was able to mingle with just about everyone. He was out in the community. He didn't see us and them. Can you make the same claim?

I don't see how, when your whole claim to fame is that you are unlike anyone else. Except when you want to gloss over your failings. Then you are (aw shucks) just like everyone else.
I don't know whether all saints in all local churches are as happy as you make them out to be. I wish I could say you were right but unfortunately, you are not. I know that many local churches have issues. And, I am not surprised either because as long as we remain in our human bodies, we will have issues.

Quote:
I don't see how, when your whole claim to fame is that you are unlike anyone else. Except when you want to gloss over your failings. Then you are (aw shucks) just like everyone else.
Once I went to the house of a couple who come to my local church. I was accompanied by a full time serving brother. The full time serving brother was from Taiwan and had completed his FTTT.

The brother from the local church asked the Taiwanese brother whether only saints from the local churches were going to be with the Lord at his return. And, the full time serving Taiwanese brother replied that it was not true. Just because you were in the local churches does not guarantee anything. It is all about your enjoyment and growth in the Lord.
The brother from the local church had another question, 'then why should we be in the local church?' And, the Taiwanese brother replied that in the local church, you have more opportunity to be perfected.

So, I know for a fact that in my local church, we do not teach that the local church is issuing visas to New Jerusalem. And, this is true even for the one brothers who had completed the FTT from Taiwan. I cannot talk for the other saints in the other local churches.
SavedbyGrace is offline   Reply With Quote