View Single Post
Old 12-22-2017, 01:55 AM   #20
Bradley

Default Re: Recovering from the Recovery - Requesting your Insight

Quote:
Originally Posted by eDh22 View Post
1. What do you most regret about your time in the "Lord's Recovery" group?
I regret never talking to women, or having a girlfriend before getting married. Now I'm trying to learn how to flirt in my 30s and I suck at it.

Quote:
2. What real gains in your life did you experience during your time in the "Lord's Recovery"?
I had some very real experiences of Christ, that no one can take away from me. Even some coworkers don't believe me when I talk about them but they were real and they happened (actually that just made me think less of the coworkers).

Quote:
3. How have you / are you leveraging your regrets about your time in the "Lord's Recovery" so that these experiences can be gain to you now?
I don't really understand the question. Leverage the regrets? I guess I'm more cynical now and question everything, thats a good thing that came out of it.

Quote:
4. Forgiveness - have you reached out in person to ask forgiveness of those you may have injured during your time in the "Lord's Recovery" (family, etc)?
I apologised to a cousin for this one time I spent ages trying to get him to call on the Lord - but he apologised right back at me, he was only taking me for a ride, winding me up - he thought the whole thing was hilarious. All my family think it was him who should be apologizing not me. Still though, awkward.

Quote:
4b.How have you dealt with your relationships with people who shepherded you, particularly with what you feel now was poor counsel, in the "Lord's Recovery"?
As for those who 'sheperded' me - if I bump into anyone on the street I will politely say hello and then move on, avoiding conversation as much as possible without being impolite

Quote:
5. Do you think there was anything in the doctrine or practice that particularly attracted you to the "Lord's Recovery" or do you think you could have been similarly attracted to any high-demand Christian group?
Yeah, the higher reality. After watching the Matrix and having some spiritual experiences to realise that the world is not what it seems, then reading the first chapter of the All Inclusive Christ is captivating. Like, "here's all the answers to all your questions about the secret of life and existence, right here". Very attractive to a truth-seeker.

Quote:
6. What tools have you found most useful in "recovering from the Lord's Recovery?" Specific books? Counseling? Blogging? Specific relationships?
Dating. Not thinking about it. Dancing. Alcohol.

Last edited by Bradley; 12-22-2017 at 02:04 AM. Reason: Added 4b
Bradley is offline   Reply With Quote