View Single Post
Old 11-20-2011, 02:41 PM   #148
OBW

Default Re: Regarding the Ground of Locality - David Canfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassidy View Post
One of Witness Lee's major teachings is salvation by faith through the precious blood of Jesus and His completed work of salvation.

Toss that major teaching out too?

That is the logical conclusion of your argument.
Actually, it is not. The contention is not that everything Lee taught was false, or that nothing Lee taught should be accepted at all. It is that Lee's version of things is tainted. So ignore Lee. Look elsewhere. There you will find salvation by faith through the blood.

The problem is the willingness to accept everything because something was right. So all I need to do is teach something right and I should be accepted as a Christian teacher. Paul would disagree.

And while salvation through faith in the work of Christ in his death, shedding of blood, resurrection, etc., is an underpinning of Lee's theology, that fact does not make the rest of his teachings good. Or even OK.

So pointing to a correct teaching does not deal with the body of Lee's teachings. It doesn't make the others good. Just the one.

And we are in a thread on the ground of locality. This was as major a teaching as Lee ever had. And he was just wrong about it. And being right about salvation doesn't fix it.
OBW is offline   Reply With Quote