View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 08:59 AM   #33
OBW

Default Re: Regarding the Ground (3): The Teaching - David Canfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by aron View Post
I remember when in a meeting Mr. Lee made such a big deal that "Christ is everything." He said in our dictionary there is only one word: Christ. "Christ, Christ, Christ", he said with much vehemence.

How could that morph into "Christ and the church"? Jesus Christ is the way, not the church or some ground. The more we realize how Christ has made peace, breaking down all walls, the less we need to concern ourselves with their non-existence. We are already one, by believing into the One.
I think that the problem that, for Lee, "Christ" means all of the specific things that he (Lee) taught about Christ. Christ is the church. Christ is the body. Christ is the grace. Christ is the teaching. Christ is the church life.

The answer lies in the teachings like the last two. If Christ is the teaching, then if my teachings are Christ, then teachings that disagree must not be Christ. If our "church life" is Christ, then different kinds of "church life" must not be Christ.

This kind of teaching gradually redefines "Christ" into something that others do not have. They would never say that out loud because too many of the followers would reject such a statement. But they effectively believe it because they do accept that their practice/belief about Christ, church, body, etc., is the best and therefore something is wrong with the teachings and practices of others. They would speak it as a problem with practicing oneness, claiming that it is everyone else that is not practicing oneness while the LRC is. But they are no different than any others in practicing some kind of separation. Yet there is a difference. Others acknowledge their differences but are willing to be one in Christ while the LRC claims that the differences are differences in Christ and thereby refuse real oneness. And they blame it on the others.
OBW is offline   Reply With Quote