View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 11:52 AM   #61
OBW

Default Re: Tips on Making Leaving the LC Easier

Quote:
Originally Posted by aron View Post
Exactly. Like "Christianity"; Lee hadn't been anywhere near "Christianity" for lo, how many decades? Yet he would hold it up as a "straw man" to his audience. And naturally we were amazed with his keen, penetrating insights about what degradation was occurring everywhere else. And we congratulated ourselves on "coming out of Babylon", even while ignoring the red flags popping up within us.
Wow!

I have never considered this obvious flaw in Lee's assertions. He makes so many claims about how Christianity is, but never saw much of anything other than a couple of denominations in his (relative) youth. He had so much insight into the ways of Christianity. (Where is that tongue-in-cheek smilie when you need it?) But he didn't even go to all the meetings in Anaheim when he was in town. He surely was not darkening the doorways of any Protestant denomination, independent, or free group. And I doubt he was watching them on TV.

But other than very generic mentions of things, like choirs, solos, bulletins, and so forth, he didn't really know what went on in them. He condemned their theology for not preaching "God's economy." That was easy. No one had come up with that fabricated construct but Lee, so he was right.

And so much of his complaint was based on remnant theology (and the LRC was the remnant that left Christianity in Babylon). On the use of equivocation to cast anything that had the word "religion" attached to it as anti-Christ (not meaning "The Antichrist" — just opposed to or instead of Christ). On accepting his assertion that everything not on the "ground" was doomed no matter how otherwise sound.

But we were ready to go forth to war against the evil Babylon and accepted his assertions about Christianity. We wanted to be special. It pleased us to be special just as it eventually pleased Lee to be exalted. ("Oh, that Lee. He is to be exalted." - not a precise quote)

Now before anyone get their panties in a wad about God's economy, I'm not saying that there is not such a thing. But what it really is can be found in very different terms all over the gamut of church groups (even the EO and RCC). That bizarre, narrow thing that Lee concocted and used to revise and even reinvent so much of scripture is nowhere to be found in my Bible is not what Paul was talking about when he wrote to Timothy.
OBW is offline   Reply With Quote