View Single Post
Old 02-22-2017, 10:20 AM   #25
Koinonia

Default Re: The Globalization LSM’s Ministry—Triumph or Tragedy? - NIGEL TOMES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
Surely I can also relate to this. Remember, I spent my best 30 years in the LC's being "wrecked" for Christianity, so I really don't fit in any congregation any more. Many wife and I have attended numerous churches, looking for the good in each, yet having the same difficulty dealing with all the "extras." Of course, it was all the "extras" that helped us depart from the LC's. I'm still a recovering "judgaholic," and probably always will be one. Perhaps I should start every post with the following, "My name is Ohio, I am a judgaholic. Here is my "Recovery" version to prove it."

Though I never served in the military, often I feel like a Christian "VFW," a veteran of foreign wars, always fighting wars for someone else. I was always defending WL, basically because of all the stupid things he taught, and required us to do. It was not the "good fght." I finally decided to leave during the run up to the GLA quarantines. Both sides tried to enlist me, saying "brother Ohio, you need to stand for the truth, we need your help to 'fight for the truth.'" Eventually, one sister summarized it best, "I see it as two ministries fighting, and it should NOT affect the churches."

Well it did. And the only way to escape was to leave, and to look for greener pastures. And I have found many. But, after dining there awhile, it becomes time to move on, and continue the journey.

So, in a nutshell, I would consider "organization" to be the necessary structure in order to expedite the church's mission. Your definition includes what I would call leaven, vain traditions, etc.
Brother, I relate to everything you wrote here 100%. Thank you.
Koinonia is offline   Reply With Quote