View Single Post
Old 10-29-2018, 01:13 PM   #70
aron

Default Re: Greetings from NYC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Aron,

Not sure why you would disagree with most of those,
Did I say that I disagreed? Rather, the quotes showed that unrelenting criticism of Christianity is endemic to the typical message of LSM meetings. Yet if anyone else makes "observations", as you now call them, of the LSM's many deficiencies, both in teaching and practice, one either gets a "hey, nobody's perfect" reply, or a complaint that they're being "attacked" and "slandered". Suddenly "God sees no iniquity in Israel"? Why the double standard? Why the self-righteous hypocrisy?

No, they don't point out the criticisms of Christianity in every LSM-affiliated meeting. But to my observation it's most of them; say, over 75%.

For example, there were the 7 Life Studies scanned, with 108 "not many Christians" observations by Lee. You'd say, well that's far less than 75%, if you count every message. But that's only using that precise language. There are many differently-worded jabs that imply the deficiencies of every one else but Witness Lee. Some are subtle, some not - there are glaring comments that get "polished" away. So I would say 75% isn't an excessive estimation. It might be more like 85%.

And how did Witness Lee know what "not many Christians" think or don't think? He hadn't met with non-LC Christians for decades, remember? They weren't on the "proper ground." So, on what was he basing his observations and assessments?

Just go into an LSM-affiliated meeting sometime, and listen to the self-congratulatory wording, how what we're doing is "adequate" and "proper" and "genuine", with the implied corollary that all others are not; other meetings and ministries are false, weak, and hopelessly deficient. It's endemic to the message. If you take that away, there's no message.