View Single Post
Old 11-14-2017, 02:51 AM   #48
aron

Default Re: How Many Are Former Members Of The Local Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by eDh22 View Post
I did see a Christian therapist to try to work through some of all this, but he seemed really hesitant to speak out against what I saw as abusive religious practices. Does anyone have recommendations?
lf you see a Christian therapist you have to get past their ignorance and bias. No small task.

I recommend reading - it's always been my best therapy (followed pretty closely by writing, as my many posts here attest).

Read people that challenge everything you've ever thought. Then, read the people that challenge THEM. Get my drift? Then the two-bit, tin-horn wanna-be satraps like Nee and Nee can't rule your mind.

Challenge yourself. Be willing to challenge everything you've ever thought. Overturn all the shopkeepers' tables in your brain. Drive out the sheep & the pigeons. Throw the money on the floor.

There is writing out there that will challenge everything that once seemed real. Find it & face it - don't be afraid. Then- important - go to the writings that critically challenge THAT writing.

Lee taught us to be passive; the Minions' One Publication Policy chained us to inertia and fear. A nice, safe cage.