Thread: coalsoffire
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 10:15 PM   #10
Truth

Default Re: coalsoffire

Quote:
Originally Posted by coalsoffire View Post
Well, it's already beginning... One ex LC sister told me that a current LC sister did not read something I had emailed her; I guess because it was a quote from non-LSM material. I dont know for sure as I was not told by this sister of her objection--why she did not read it. It would be helpful for me to know the truth from the source. Then a corrective dialogue might occur, or not.

Then I receive a requested HWFMR (I am beginning to learn the acronyms), which seems rather dry, or something, like something is missing, but I am going to give it a try.

Probably this little experiment of mine will fail. In some sense, I am ashamed of my 'complaining' as surely others on our earth have far greater sufferings than the ones I am describing here. Really--disturbed that another person rejected something I thought was worthwhile + receiving a dry book?

Here in America I am free to do as I please. The question is: What do I please to do? I please to make confession on this forum, exposing my words to the light of whomever might read them.

Hallelujah for the body. I open myself to adjustment here. I am not sure why I am opening myself thusly; I feel safe here, in a sense, even if disagreed with. Forum addiction has been described: I am adding my thoughts: not to feel alone in my thoughts and a willingness, no, actually a desire, to be tempered.

It is my pleasure to know the truth.
Just be open and read the HWMR. If it helps, it helps. If it doesn't, it doesn't. It also depends on what topic the HWMR is covering. Sometimes I find the topic helpful with the HWMR; sometimes not. But it is unnecessary to make an issue out of it. Even if my LC is using the HWMR, it doesn't mean I have to use it. I can use other materials to cover the same topic. Use whatever material helps you.

This may be a shock you all: when I was in the FTTA, a sister was having a hard time with using the HWMR for her morning revival, so she went to Bro Ron Kangas. You know what he told her? He said, don't use it for morning revival. He said something to this effect: Read it another time so that you are on the same page with the saints when the material is covered on Lord's day. But you can use other materials or just the bible if that helps with your morning revival. We were all surprised at the answer.
Truth is offline   Reply With Quote