View Single Post
Old 07-05-2018, 02:28 AM   #47
aron

Default Re: Doug Krieger testimony

Stg, I finally figured out your moniker, remembering the ditty.

"Oh, the children of the Lord have a wondrous song to sing, for the the Lord will on that day many sons to glory bring."

I noted your friend's description of Doug as the "golden boy". According to his own testimony Doug brought in many, and in this he reminds me of two other LC "Timothys" who were similarly used then discarded. John I and Max R. Both were prominent in the work at one point, and lauded by WL as paragons of the recovery spirit.

Also liked the phrase, "as elated as an idiot at a street carnival". It aptly describes the sensory overload and feelings that follow. Shouting, chanting, yelling, arm-waving and fist-pumping, rocking back and forth, hopping up and down. Can you pass on this comment to your friend and either you or he comment further on the meeting atmosphere? I think "Berzerkely" may be telling us something.

WN was evidently affected by the "charismania" bug when he visited Elizabeth Fischbacher, who also travelled with him to England and transcribed his talks into English for CFP where his work began to circulate in the west. And of course WL followed suit, deliberately cultivating it to great effect.