View Single Post
Old 07-21-2008, 04:36 PM   #10
YP0534

Default Another excerpt from Practical Expression of the Church

Quote:
THE KING’S BUSINESS
If this matter is our business, it means nothing. But if it is His business, it is not a small thing. The local church is indeed the King’s business; so we must take a stand. Of course, some will oppose us. Nevertheless, we must take the Lord’s way of unity. And if we take this way, we must be absolute. If you do not feel burdened to take this way, I do not encourage you to take it. If you feel that you have peace in going along with the denominations, just do it. But if you are going to take the way of the ground of unity, do it in an absolute way. Do not do it lightly. We must mean business with the Lord.

We are in the Lord’s recovery, and the time is short. Luke 21:24 says that Jerusalem will be trodden under the feet of the Gentiles until the fullness of the time of the Gentiles. But Jerusalem has already been returned. I really believe that the Lord will do a quick work. We must be wise. Therefore, I believe that all the scattered brothers and sisters should come together to one or more centers. Even the students had better not study in a place without a church. The place to study is where there is a prevailing church. We must not put our studies first, but the church life. Even our jobs do not matter. As long as we can make a living, let us be concentrated. Then we can declare to the whole world and to Satan the fact of our unity. The ointment will flow and the dew will come down, and we will see the Lord commanding His blessing. Even the gates of Hades will not be able to stand against us.

I do believe that this is the strategic way. First of all we must be concentrated, and then equipped to bear the testimony and give the enemy the shame. Then we will go out to spread the unity of the church life to other cities.

This is the way to keep the unity. We must leave all the divisive groups and take the ground of unity. And we must seek the Lord’s leading for us to be concentrated together. Of course, no one controls this matter. We all must seek the Lord’s guidance. Perhaps the Lord will lead some to meet here in Los Angeles, or with those in Akron, or with those in Houston. We all must seek the Lord’s leading concerning this matter. It is only on the ground of unity that we have the ointment and the dew with the commanded blessing of life.

Witness Lee, The Practical Expression of the Church
Lee spoke at one point of the need to be concentrated in "centers" via migrations (instead of spreading out) and, ironically, taught that "no one controls this matter" of being concentrated.

One really must wonder honestly whether filling out and submitting migration applications isn't a kind of control or if it's just "OK" because certain ones have approved the forms and they are "leading ones" which means they can do no wrong and neither can we as long as we do as they say.

But if we do things contrary to what Lee actually taught us about such matters, what shall we say about this?

They seem to have created a very confused situation that will eventually require revision of many of brother Lee's inconvenient old books...
Let each walk as the Lord has distributed to each, as God has called each, and in this manner I instruct all the assemblies. 1 Cor. 7:17

Last edited by YP0534; 07-22-2008 at 05:00 AM.
YP0534 is offline   Reply With Quote