View Single Post
Old 07-13-2017, 03:48 PM   #152
ZNPaaneah

Default Re: Major Errors of Witness Lee’s Teaching (Nothing against the “person”)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelical View Post
You are correct it doesn't say that. But let's examine the most logical explanations and I think you are reading into it something which isn't there. That is, when you read "church", you imagine a multiplicity of different churches/denominations within the city. But scholars tell us that such was not the case.

Well, reading the text carefully, Jesus did not say:

"tell it to your church", as if He expected every person to have their own church.

How do you deal with the fact that theologians like Wallace state there was one church in each city? It somewhat puts a big dent in your argument of multiple churches per city, unless you can come up with theologians of equal weight. At the very least, even if Wallace is wrong, it shows that one church per city is a valid interpretation of the Bible.
I am confused by this argument. Let us suppose that your neighbor has ignored the property line and built something that is encroaching on your property. You know that this neighbor is a Christian, you have had fellowship with them, they don't meet with the LRC, but they have confessed that Jesus is Lord and been baptized into the name of the triune God. You go to them, they ignore you. You bring one or two others and still they ignore you. You don't want a lawsuit because of Paul's word in Corinthians. So, instead you decide to "tell it to the church".

Please tell us Evangelical what you do now?

(I would approach the leadership of the fellowship where this one meets, but if that is not a valid approach please tell us what is). BTW this is not a hypothetical, a very similar situation took place at one of the places I fellowship at. They bought a meeting hall which included a book store. The owner, knowing they were Christians and wouldn't sue him, refused to pay rent or leave. Ultimately they went to the congregation where he met and after talking to the leaders there he left.