View Single Post
Old 06-23-2015, 06:55 PM   #10
TLFisher

Default Re: Confessing your Sins One To Another

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
I think you make a good point. Those in the LC typically have an "us vs. them" mentality in regards to other Christians. In a way, it's somewhat understandable, because they are certainly not the only group out there who feels like they are competing against other groups. What I see as the main problem, is when they characterize other Christians in a certain way (usually derogatory), and then attack them using that misrepresentation as "evidence" to show how other Christians are wrong. Nee's words are a prime example of that strategy: "Concerning this matter of confessing sin, there is a bad tendency among Christians to incline gradually more and more to having dealings with men rather than having dealings with God. There are even Christians who do not mention the precious blood at all." Like I mentioned, what evidence does he really have to support what he says?

Obviously, if there were lots of Christians like the kind Nee describes, that would be worthy of criticism. That is how so many in the LC get duped, because they hear a statement such as this, and they don't stop for a second to consider whether or not the generalization is true, or if it can be proven. They only focus on how bad it is that there are supposedly "Christians who do not mention the precious blood at all." When LCers hear something like it just further serves as proof to them that they are in the right place. It thus reinforces their notions of superiority.
It's one thing to claim what churches not affiliated with LSM do not do and it's another thing to support than claim.
My question to those whether they're in Renton or another locality:

1. what churches have your visited that doesn't take LSM as the one publication?

2. If you have visited a non-LSM church, do they not mention the precious blood of Jesus?