View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 09:37 AM   #109
TLFisher

Default Re: Have the BBs been faithful to the entire ministry of WL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77150 View Post
The ministry they tell you to get into includes the Experience of Life and the chapter on dealing with sins.
Here's an excerpt what was spoken in South America:

"There is the tree of life; and with the tree of life is a way of discernment. And, there is the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. Well, let’s consider the tree of the knowledge of good and evil first. Suppose you hear something, you receive an email. Someone is making an accusation. How can you discern?

The temptation is to ask, who is right and who is wrong. Or you may try to find out for yourself what is right and what is wrong. Oh, this man of death, Steve Isitt, he wrote something. And someone else is sending it everywhere. “I need to figure this out; oh, I never heard these things.” Could this be true? Did the brothers behave like that? As soon as you think this way, you yourself are finished. Okay? Because you are on the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. You apply that tree to the situation.
"

"But there is another way to discern.

This is the way of God.

It’s the way of the apostles. And, we see this in 2 Cor. 11. Paul said, “I betrothed you to Christ”. I am jealous over you with the jealousy of God, that your thoughts would be corrupted from the simplicity toward Christ. Just as the serpent seduced the woman, you may be seduced. So Paul realized the issue here was the tree of the knowledge of good and evil bringing in death.

He discerned by another standard; not right and wrong, but life or death.
"

As I understand to make a particular sin an issue, that is equated with the Tree of Knowledge, but as 77150 is reference to The Experience of Life, I wonder what's being taught is you or I as an individual believer dealing with our own sins, but not to confront sins of another. Pretend you didn't see or hear anything.