View Single Post
Old 08-22-2008, 07:06 PM   #38
TLFisher

Default Deception

Originally Posted by Thankful Jane
"WL said that all the major heresies in church history were introduced by women. You might not hear that the same way a woman would. I was told that sisters cannot get revelation from the Bible. Why? ... because they can be easily deceived, like Eve was. You can't know what it's like to not be able to open your Bible for years and read it without fear that you might be being deceived if you happen to think you see anything in what you read, and that because of a pronouncement that was laid on you by some of Adam's descendants. "

Jane, what was taught by Witness Lee easily applies to brothers too. Anyone can be easily decieved. Which is why we all need prayer when we speak or when we listen, that the enemy won't decieve us. It can be easy to misinterpret or misunderstand something that is spoken.
To say it's geared towards sisters because of the Eve typology, because woman was formed from man, or because women are generally weaker than man is just a smokescreen.
Please read Luke 7:37-50, or Mark 14:3-4 and I make my point. It was a woman who broke a flask of alabaster on Jesus. In Luke 7:50 Jesus says,
"Your faith has saved you. Go in peace."

Maybe the real issue among some brothers, but not all, is the fact sisters put Christ firstplace before the ministry. Brothers see the ministry as the way to be overcomers to reign in the New Jerusalem. It's the sisters who just want Jesus!

Terry
TLFisher is offline   Reply With Quote