View Single Post
Old 06-12-2018, 11:08 AM   #107
Sons to Glory!

Default Re: Does "Baptist" Mean to a Baptist What "Recovery" Means..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
Here we are discussing the church in Mansfield with elders appointed by a recognized apostle TC. The church is split into parties, one of Lee, and one of Titus, and one of Christ. The elders alone must administrate and shepherd these saints into one accord. It is their decision alone whether outside any ministers should be invited to help them.

But read Drake's posts. He belittles and disqualifies these 4 local elders as "TC proxies." This proves that in the minds of an LSMer, no elder on earth is legitimate unless he is subservient to them. Once again LSM has violated their own teachings. Hypocrites.
My understanding is that each ekklesia is autonomous. Paul could strongly exhort, and did, different locations. But as far as I can tell, he never came in to subject them to his direct authority and override their local will, right? (This is just like the Lord - He won't override our own will.)

The view that I used to have was that God was a steamroller and He would get His purpose no matter if you stood in His way or not - that is, if you get in His way He will squash you flat. But what was Christ's example? "I am meek and lowly." This is how He approaches us. He stands at the door and knocks - not a steamroller. (Yes, He will get His purpose, but He may need to go around us to achieve it. Again, meek.)
Sons to Glory! is offline   Reply With Quote