View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 08:17 PM   #17
UntoHim
Οὕτως γὰρ ἠγάπησεν ὁ θεὸς τὸν κόσμον For God So Loved The World

Default Re: Was Day Star poor judgment or fraud?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZNPaaneah View Post
This event should reveal whether WL merely had poor business acumen or was a fraud.
This event probably revealed both. But if the early American LC brothers had done their homework it would have been no surprise. The truth is that they didn't want to know the truth about Witness Lee. They liked what he was selling, so they buried their heads in the sand. The fact is that there were a number of older brothers and sisters from the early days in mainland China who knew what Lee was all about. Had these early American LC brothers (Gruhler, Ingalls, Barber et al, et al) done their due diligence, they would have found out that the Daystar deal was not Witness Lee's first trip to the rodeo. He had been there and done that several times before...thus the acting god could be callous enough to tell people who had lost their life savings that "oh well, you just lost your virginity!".

But I digress....
The loss of live savings, my dear brothers and sisters, is a mere pittance to the real thievery of Witness Lee (easy for me to say....I lost not a shekel). Nonetheless, "For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Pretty heavy duty, I know. But think about it. Daystar, Linko, cheap plastic chairs, tennis rackets.....what if they all went bankrupt...what if they all did fantastically well and all the "investors" became fabulously wealthy? What will it profit a man?

I would submit to you all that if you combined all the hair brained schemes of Witness Lee, and totaled up all the monetary damage done by him and his sons, they would not compare to the spiritual and psychological damage done to the littlest of brothers and sisters. Life savings can be earned back. Actual lives cannot be earned back. Only by God's infinite mercy, amazing grace and supernatural, resurrection power can the damage be repaired. This is what it's ALL ABOUT my dear friends. If it can't happen here, if it can't happen now then we are just wasting our time. More importantly we are wasting God's time (if that's actually possible).
αὐτῷ ἡ δόξα καὶ τὸ κράτος εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων ἀμήν - 1 Peter 5:11
UntoHim is offline   Reply With Quote