View Single Post
Old 09-24-2022, 12:19 PM   #438
Sons to Glory!

Default Re: What is God's Economy?

(FYI - I made this post as a response to Trapped's post, and then realized that I was part of significant dialog in this thread over a year ago! So this response was not a continuation of any of that previous rather complex communication - just a simple response to another brother. BTW - I did watch the linked video, which makes a good point in the Greek grammar.)

I must admit this was one teaching of WL's that I didn't look at that much - it always seemed a little esoteric, or at least I didn't have much of an inner registration to look into it deeply. Perhaps the Anointing was preserving me in this area and thereby not exposing me (He did that in several ways during my time in the LC). So not sure exactly what the finer points were that WL was espousing here . . .

But what I do see in the Greek usage in this verse (1 Tim 1:4 oikonomia) is simply the administering or stewarding of God's house . . . whose house we are (Heb 3:6). And since the main principle in the Bible is love, to me this just means to make sure everyone in the house is loved, cared for and supplied as they need. Now, by extension, what God is supplying us is the "bountiful supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ," (Phil 1:19) along with, of course, our physical/psychological needs as well. To the end that we will all be transformed into His image, a perfected* counterpart with "no spot or wrinkle or any such thing."

I don't know if this aligns with what WL taught or not - this is just what I see in scripture (and which I believe the Lord has shown me). In the opinion of those here, is this view very far off the mark?

* LOVE = perfection