Thread: My Testimony
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2016, 09:25 AM   #62
aron

Default Re: My Testimony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
This thread is starting to wander around.

It's prolly best to leave this thread open for New Beginnings and her story.
Warning to NB and any Christian women posting here: this is a fundamentalist-oriented forum, and many [LC] readers will resent you simply for being a female and speaking your mind. Sisters aren't supposed to think! That's disastrous! Unprecedented! Shameful! (which is why I then asked: So why did Nee disciple himself to Barber, Penn-Lewis, Guyon, Fischbacher, and others? Hmm...)

And once you've leaped that gauntlet you'll run into the other posters, who are typically know-it-all men, and who'll either ignore you or hijack your threads and ideas, and drag them off to their pet projects and themes. Or they'll try to argue with you endlessly because your ideas are different from theirs.

Other than that, have fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aron View Post
It's a power thing... It's how they reinforce the social structure...
Back to my soap box: in every conference or training someone has to be ceremonially pilloried from the dias. Women are the easy stand-in when there are no "rebellious brothers" available. This is how the LC understands the order. Usually the remarks are met with silence, unless it's cleverly cutting, and then a senior brother up front will guffaw or belly-laugh. Other than that it's tacit approval via silence. "Big Brother is knocking down so-and-so. Glad it's not me."

I'm trying to delineate NB's world, as I see it; obviously I don't see much. But I'm not afraid to say what I do see.