View Single Post
Old 10-08-2017, 02:19 PM   #47
Evangelical

Default The Center of the Universe

In a couple of places Aron has brought up the matter of the centers of the universe. It only shows his lack of understanding of the matter rather than any lack of logic on Lee's part.

I can easily show it is not contradictory or inconsistent, it is very logical - Lee has only ever put forward Christ and the cross as the Center. Every other center mentioned is related to those aspects or could be considered the same from a symbolic point of view.

Christ, the cross and humankind is the main purpose and plan for everything God has done, does and will do in future (this is something they don't stress in Reformed Churches I'm sure, well, not the ones accepting gay marriage etc. I think some Reformed churches that are very Christ/cross centric might). It is in this sense that Lee used the phrase "Center of the Universe". If we think he is talking about the physical world or think there are multiple centers of the universe (as Aron has done) we won't get it. There are not many centers of the Universe, there is only one. There is only one Center - Christ crucified.

It might make it easier to see the logic behind the Center of the Universe if I break it down like this:

-Christ is the Center
-and moreso the cross because without the cross we cannot have Christ
-and life because Christ is life
-the altar because it symbolizes the cross
-the tree of life because it symbolizes Christ
-the throne of God because that is where Christ is
-humanity because Christ is a man. Humanity is also at the center of God's plan - the Earth is at the center because mankind is central to God's plan.

Now I understand that the center of the universe is where God and mankind meet. God and (perfect) mankind meet in the Person of Christ, but for us sinners, God and sinful mankind meet at the cross (altar). If we say Christ is the center without the cross then it doesn't have much practical application for us. That's why emphasis is on the cross/altar.

Astute observers will note that in Genesis 2:9 the Tree of Life is in the center of the Garden of Eden.

Logically, there is nothing wrong with Lee's "multiple centers" of the universe, if we understand there is only one Center - Christ crucified, and all the other "centers" Lee mentions are related to that.

Aron has said

"How could Lee minister such inconsistent and obviously self-contradictory things, and never get called on it? Sounds like intimidation at work, to me. Fear."

Of course the fault lies with Lee doesn't it, rather than Aron's lack of understanding? Well maybe everyone "gets it", except him.
Evangelical is offline   Reply With Quote