Thread: Partial Rapture
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2018, 09:01 PM   #17
countmeworthy

Default Re: Partial Rapture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sons to Glory! View Post
Pan trib! I love it - that's really the bottom line!

To put it in simple terms, there are two basic sets of rapture verses (following Nee's outline):
1. Verses that show rapture before the GT
2. Verses that show rapture after the GT
The scriptures reveal many raptures from Genesis to Revelation ( which I will show in a sec). What I and I suppose many Lcrs current and former are not clear on is Nee and Lee's teachings on the rapture, partial or not.

For many years, as an example, I did not know the difference between the rapture and the second coming of Christ. When I would ask Lcrs, they did not know either. That means Lee and Nee did not do a very good job explaining the difference. Now grant it, post tribbers believe the rapture and the second coming of Christ occurs at the end of the tribulation. I do not agree with that view but at least I UNDERSTAND they hold that view.

Lee's explanation was always convuluted to me. I never studied Nee's view.
Frankly since I am comfortable with my study and view on the rapture and the second coming of Christ, Nee or Lee's view does not interest me. In other words if they are pre trib (as I am) good for them. If they hold a different view, that's ok too in the sense that it is not going to persuade me one way or another.

Now to the various raptures and "my" view on a 'partial rapture':

The first time a rapture is seen is in Genesis 5:24
Enoch walked with God; and he was not, for God took him. Hebrews 11:5 elaborates a little more: By faith Enoch was taken up so that he would not see death; and he was not found because God took him up; for he obtained the witness that before his being taken up he was pleasing to God.

2) Noah, his family and the animals on the ark experienced a TYPE of rapture. While judgement rained down on earth, they went up. At the end of the trib, Jesus comes down with His armies. (Revelation 19:15)

3) Elijah was raptured and he, Elisha and the prophets following them knew Elijah was going to be taken up (raptured). A chariot with horses came down in a whirlwind (tornado) and took him up. (2 kings 2) - I LOVE THAT CHAPTER!)

4) Jesus went up to heaven twice after His resurrection. First time was when He told Mary Magdalen He had to go up to His Father. Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father John 20:17

Then in Acts 1:9 His disciples watched Jesus go up to heaven: when He had spoken these things, while they beheld, He was taken up; and a cloud received Him out of their sight. 10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as He went up, .....

5) The "partial rapture" of the church as I see it (will explain in a few). 1 Thessalonians 4:15-17 for this we say unto you by the Word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17 then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air

Revelation 3:10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

Here is where we get into the nitty gritty of the partial rapture. Since I STILL DON'T KNOW Lee or Nee's clear teaching on it, I will share mine.

First off, IT IS MY BELIEF and it is not set in stone, I COULD BE WRONG!

I believe all true Blood washed believers in Christ will be raptured. The rewards will be different for each person however.

I believe not all 'Christians' are washed in the Precious Blood of Jesus and thus they will not be raptured.

BUTTTTTT. I believe there will be other 'boatloads' during the 7 yr trib and many will be raptured then while others will be martyred. (more on this in a bit) This was a parenthesis to the other raptures found in Revelation.

6) This next rapture thought is being debated among many 'rapture centric' groups: Revelation 7 and 14. In Revelation 7, 144,000 Jews from the 12 tribes of Israel will be sealed with the seal of God. It is not clear what their assignment will be but I am convinced they will spread the gospel to the JEWS FIRST (after the rapture of the Blood washed saints) and also to the rest of the left behinders.

Fast forward to Revelation 14 and the Lamb is standing on Mount Zion, and with Him one hundred and forty-four thousand, having His Name and the Name of His Father written on their foreheads.

Some people believe these are 2 different groups. I believe they are the same group as Revelation 7. I believe (but could be wrong) the 144k of Revelation 7 are raptured and are on Mt Zion with the Lord, the LAMB of God in Revelation 14.

7) The two witnesses in Revelation 11 are raptured for sure. But after the three and a half days, the breath of life from God came into them, and they stood on their feet; and great fear fell upon those who were watching them. 12 And they heard a loud voice from heaven saying to them, “Come up here.” Then they went up into heaven in the cloud, and their enemies watched them.

8) In Revelation 14:6 John saw another angel flying in midheaven, having an eternal gospel to preach to those who live on the earth, and to every nation and tribe and tongue and people;

There is nothing concrete or telling there is a rapture here but it seems to me, many people will be or could be raptured during this timeframe. I COULD BE WRONG.

In any case, I have listed scriptures pointing to a number of raptures! Beam us LORD JESUS. BEAM US UP! The sooner the better imho.
(Luke 21:36)
countmeworthy is offline   Reply With Quote