View Single Post
Old 06-14-2014, 08:25 AM   #48
awareness

Default Re: InChristAlone's Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by InChristAlone View Post
So one needs a spiritual guide or director that may help him not to be fall into temptations.

"In order not to fall into illusion, while practicing inner prayer, do not permit yourself any concepts, images, or visions."
St Theophan the Recluse
Sure sounds eastern to me ... with master/student. Must be Hindu influenced. Even prayer is instructed the same as quieting the mind in Hindu meditation.

These are not bad practices ... Hindu or not.

But I'm broken. I can't do the master/student/devotee thing ... either as the student or the master. I don't abide such systems or arrangements. If anything I'm a pointer, at the real master ... not of flesh.

We believers seem weak to me, to require a leader in the flesh, like Nee or Lee. It seems a fleshy need to me ... and not truly spiritual ... a falling short ... like arrows when shot that can't reach the target.

But then again, as the story goes, God became flesh.

But who knows the Logos? Methinks the Logos has its arms open to all who open and turn their hearts ... even if they don't know what they are doing ... and has been so active since its inception ... being the creative force of everything ... even this moment, right here and now.

But like I say, I'm broken. So don't listen to me.

And thanks for this discussion ICA. Really great stuff. Can't keep up. Me brain is overwhelmed with all the info, homework, and study.

Are you trying to convert me to EO?