View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 10:38 AM   #63
aron

Default Re: The Psalms are the word of Christ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZNPaaneah View Post
There is no doubt that in some places (in the Bible and in Psalms) the "them that strive against me" could be considered, flesh, world, sin, fallen nature, etc...

But to spiritualize it away and say that "without cause they have for me their net in a pit" does not refer to WL and what he did in the "Sister's rebellion" is to be so heavenly that you are of no earthly good. If you are not familiar with the sister's rebellion ...
I respect your point, and am not quarreling with you by any means. Maybe the best way to put it is that yes, I am being quite "heavenly" in my vantage point. Deliberately so. And perhaps the corollary is that I am not being of much earthly (i.e. practical) good.

But let me defend my stance by giving an example. There is a place where the psalmist says of the wicked ones: "I hate them with perfect hatred" (139:22). The usual Christian stance is to say, "Well, in the New Testament we don't do that." A la Witness Lee and his NT Economy.

But suddenly I saw it from a spiritual and not physical perspective. The only Person who could truly say that was the Christ. All the rest of us, without exception, have compromised at some point with the taint of evil. We all are sinners, defeated and fallen. But Jesus never compromised with sin. "The ruler of this world is coming, and in Me he has nothing."

So when Jesus said to Peter, "Get behind Me, Satan", Peter saw that "pure hatred". Everyone else, I posit, has a weak and insipid hatred in comparison. Like I've said, the demons cried out with fear whenever Jesus showed up. They knew that their proverbial goose was cooked.

So leaving aside WL and PL's sins for a moment (as well as yours and mine), I just find the most "practical reading" of those scriptures to be in the Person of Jesus Christ, and nowhere else. This of course I admit is my own reading, and subject to amendment. Peace & thanks for your comments.