View Single Post
Old 05-10-2019, 09:49 AM   #34
aron

Default Re: The Intensified God

Quote:
Originally Posted by byHismercy View Post
This is a little bit of a parallel road but this conversation assumes the certain degradation of the church. I keep wondering what scripture says about that. Does Gods' word really say the church is degraded, even? I was reading through Matthew chapter 13, I believe....and Jesus is expounding on the parable of the tares among the wheat because His disciples pressed Him for explanation. My take away is that God is not worried about degradation in His body. In fact, the polluting tares He explicitly commands to be left right where they are, right alongside His planted saints! More damage would be done to His body by uprooting these tares, who were planted by Gods' enemy. He wants the tares left until His harvest. He does not seem to be concerned with this degradation.....but rather His solution to this mixture is already laid out. The tares will be burned at the Lords' appointed harvest time. It just seems to me that this matter of degradation in the body was possibly another Lee invention that I bit on and got hooked by.
On another thread, I commented on the LC idea of "recovered lampstands" on the earth today. I said, in the NT era there was a lampstand in Corinth, according to our NT-derived understanding. There was a "church in Corinth", problems and all. Paul wrote to them. Now, to my understanding, there have been Christians in Corinth ever since then. So when did the "lampstand get removed" from Corinth, and why "take the ground" today to "recover the lampstand"? In the LC the story was that the church got "degraded" and now it's being "recovered" and so we place a lampstand (or God does, with our meeting). But this is a kind of Kipling-esque "Just So Story" where any supporting details could actually mar the narrative.

Truth is, the "recovered lampstand" is simply a church group affiliated with a book publisher in Anaheim California USA. No affiliation with publisher, no lampstand.